Story Value

random musings and episodes from the life of a 40 something comidienne/corporate refugee/mom - since whatever doesn't kill you provides excellent story value.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Inagural blogural

Oh bloggy,
I am so happy to have started you! I've thought of starting a BLOOOOOOOOOG (or "online diary") as my best friend Violet insists upon calling this, for at least 30 months.
Now I will have to think of all sorts of tres amusing episodes and adventures to fill-you up. Where to start???
This week I made a fabulous impulse purchase -- a $44 plastic handbag in the exact likeness of "The Count" from Sesame Street. Its not a necessity, really -- though it is waterproof, durable-looking, and very colorful - and thus almost a practical accessory. I do love practical.

Those who know me might wonder -- Why a "Count" handbag? Do you really have the lifestyle for that kind of accessory?

Well, truth be told ... Nostalgia. The Count was one of the first crushes I had on TV icons ... My current and enduring fixation with Andy Garcia only goes to show you I stay true to "type". Actually, The Count came after Mr. Snuffleupugus -- but who wants a big brown furry handbag ... really!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Andy Garcia, huh? Hmmm. He's got nuthin on Gary Sinise or Peter Saarsgard, my weird celebrity crushes. ;)

But The Count, though...man, The Count is SEXY. ;)

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm stalking you now! ;)

S.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Help! I'm stalking you so much I have to repeat myself!

(I'm sorry! Feel free to delete the first one where I have a spelling error! :))

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home