Story Value

random musings and episodes from the life of a 40 something comidienne/corporate refugee/mom - since whatever doesn't kill you provides excellent story value.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just "Hirarious"

Small, true, hilarious thing that made me laugh out loud last week.

My son's elementary school has a wonderful relationship with a sister school in Japan. Every year the children write letters to one another and exchange tokens of friendship.
This year, our school posted letters sent from their Japanese pen-pals. That these 7 and 8 year old children can compose letters written in English is pretty amazing. I am fairly certain that our American students aren't corresponding in Kenji.

As I read the letters that detailed students' favorite seasons, colors and foods, I noticed their teacher's corrective phrasing or spelling in the right-hand margin. After all, its important to be understood.

One young boy had written about his favorite season (fall), his favorite sport (soccer) and his favorite food. His handwriting was a little jumbled, making it somewhat difficult to read.

Luckily, there in the margin, the teacher had carefully written out the message in clear, concise text.

"I LOVE LOAST BEEF"

There you have it ... I am easy to amuse. More loast beef please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Mmmmmmm....LOAST BEEF. I love it, too. I even have a poem about loast beef in my MFA thesis. ;)

Thanks for the laugh. ;)

smooches,
Sam

2:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Violet said...

Dericious.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home