Story Value

random musings and episodes from the life of a 40 something comidienne/corporate refugee/mom - since whatever doesn't kill you provides excellent story value.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Wall Street Wackiness

Well, well, well ... Lookiloo who's featured in the Wall Street Journal. Hilarious .... on so many fronts. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121440942660403727.html?mod=CarJMain_topright
I have not invented a new system of arbitrage, nor a secret system for embezzeling fractional pennies on each dollar of hedge fund gain (at least not one that I'm going public with)!

It seems I scored coverage in the Wall Street Journal -- for leaving. Who knew? I'm like a farmer paid not to plant crops. "Just quit & we'll pay you and say nice things in the media."

The reporter interviewed me over several days, asking for incredible amounts of revealing detail, which I was almost too eager to provide. I'm easy that way.

Funnily enough, almost all the details are wrong: from chronology, to spelling, to quotes. What, no fact checking at the WSJ?

I had to be told by others that my story had run, because when you're no longer on Wall Street -- you don't need to read the journal.

What next, my own show on CNBC? I definitely look less tired than Maria Bartiromo. I long to be the "funny honey" -- I'll call up the top dogs today and promise to go nowhere near financial services in return for my own prime-time special. Cold turkey never looked so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home